Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I is knot stoopid!

Can I just tell you how stupid the GRE makes me feel? I took it THREE times and only bumped my score from a 1040 to a 1090. Come on, now! I was literally in tears (and probably cried for about 3 hours) after I finished the last one... I tried so hard and studied as best as I could. I couldn't get a 500 on the verbal and all the schools say that they want a 1000 minimum (500 in each). I have no idea if they will just throw my application out if I don't meet the minimum requirements... I definitely could see that they would because they get so many applications, they have to begin weeding them out somehow. I just feel so sick that I may not even be able to get a chance to go to school because of a stupid verbal score.

I already emailed School B and asked them if they look at all the other aspects and they said that they do, but still I would've much rather have been over the 500 and not have to worry about getting eliminated simply by a number (without them looking at anything else). School A and School C are reviewing my stuff, so hopefully since they are already reviewing it (and the deadlines aren't until Dec 15 or March something) they are looking at every part of it. I just have to say a prayer that if this is meant to happen, it will happen. I have worked so hard and hopefully they will see that through my GPA (and my personal statement and LOR!)

But, right now, I would be lying if I didn't say I felt completely hopeless. I already came up with a Plan B!

No comments:

Post a Comment