Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Curse of Multiple Acceptances.

So, I think that there is an unsaid curse when it comes to being accepted to multiple schools. Instead of putting myself out there and having one school tell me yes, I am having 2 schools tell me yes and now the decision is actually mine to make. I think I'd much rather prefer having the decision made for me... now I find myself panicking over "what if" I make the wrong choice.

I have a hard decision between attending the Highly Ranked School versus the Smaller Unranked School. I can't deny the highly ranked school; it's highly ranked for a reason... but, I can't help but remember the feeling of "home" and "friendliness" when I visited the unranked school.

I've been having a HUGE struggle with this and talking to just about everyone that I can; even those who are sick of listening to me. In fact, I even made a spreadsheet to weigh out the pros and cons. That has definitely helped a lot, and so did talking to the PT that encouraged me to go DPT instead of PTA.

The thing is, even after all of this, I am still debating. Back and forth, back and forth. That's how it's been... At first I was Highly Ranked School all the way! Then, I visited the Unranked School and was like "This is it!", but then I got accepted by the Highly Ranked School and so then I wanted to go there again, then as soon as I got my acceptance for the unranked school I wanted to go there! And back and forth I keep going.

I'm running out of time to decide. The deadline for accepting the offer to the Unranked School is December 15th and they are unable to give me an extension. The open house for the Highly Ranked School isn't until January 15th. Can I really choose to go to a school I've never visited?

This is driving me bat crazy... and so, back to the pros/cons spreadsheet it is... and anyone else who wants to listen to me ramble about the choice that I have to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment