Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My (Hard) Decision.

Well, after weeks of debate, stress and decision making I have finally decided what offer I would like to accept for PT school!

When I wrote the last time, I was in the middle of a really hard time... choosing the right school for me. And after a LOT of consideration and time I decided on School B, the smaller, unranked school.

My reasoning?
  1. This school is significantly less expensive tuition wise than School A.
  2. School B gave me an amazing first impression & was cemented when I visited again for the interview.
  3. School B had my interviewer personally call me to congratulate me on my acceptance and offered his direct line should I have any questions/comments.
  4. School A couldn't even bother to send me anything official in the mail; all I received was an email.
  5. School B is actually more well-known in this area than I gave it credit for; a lot of people sound impressed that I'm going to attend there.
  6. I couldn't visit School A before the School B's deadline of acceptance and I wasn't willing to risk choosing a school I never visited.
  7. I have heard from a lot of people that School A is very number oriented whereas School B really gets to know its students and helps them succeed as individuals, not numbers.
  8. School B felt like it fit my personality better than School A; and I am excited about the curriculum.
  9. And... as a bonus; School B is a 2.5 year program, not a 3 year program so I can graduate in December 2013 instead of May 2014. :)
My best advice to anyone having to make a decision is to take your time and don't rush into a decision... It really helped that I had a few weeks (I wish I would've had longer) to really sit down and talk about it with anyone/everyone, and put all the information down on paper. I also called someone from each school to talk more specifically about tuition, possible scholarships, clinical opportunities, etc after I received the acceptances to get more details or to clarify things that I had heard about previously.

It was really a curse with the multiple acceptances, but it taught me to be very thorough in decision-making and I 110% believe that I made the right choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment