Friday, July 27, 2012

Did I really just finish my first week of my first clinical?!

I survived my first week! :) I am already really glad I chose the site I did because I can tell I am going to learn SO much. Every day I get new responsibilities, so it's been a nice transition. My CI is really great about reviewing things and teaching when we have the opportunity. I even got to teach her a special test for the shoulder that she didn't know about. I'm also getting great feedback at the end of every day. We are really working well together so far. My goals for this upcoming week are to continue treating patients who are already established, doing the documentation and starting to do some evaluations. I'm really excited to keep practicing what I've learned and really working on my skills. I've been surprised at the amount of crush injuries that I've seen, although thankfully no broken bones yet. I think it is going to be very interesting to be working in a clinic that is for worker's compensation. I'm also amazed at how acute some of the patients are- we get patients who come in only a couple HOURS post-injury! Pretty neat to see how quickly we can start with people.


No comments:

Post a Comment