Monday, April 6, 2009

Back to stress & frustration.

After my last post, it seemed like I was on top of the world... I just got sent back to the bottom of the barrel, probably for gloating too much.


The long and short of it is I'm not going to grad school anymore. I got rejected for an assistantship; so I have no way of paying for my education.

The bigger issue is this- exercise science is not a booming field... therefore, it is extremely possible for me to get my master's degree and not be able to get a job. When I was thinking about having an assistantship this took away some stress. My tuition would be paid for, and if I didn't find a job right away at least I didn't have to worry about student loans.

Well, with no assistantship student loans and a lack of finding a job is a situation I'm not putting myself in. It's the reason why I decided to give up on education. I already have one degree where there is difficulty in getting a job, so I don't want to put myself on the same path again. So, I made the regretful decision that I'm not going to be able to pursue this.


It's back to the drawing board. I'm checking into some various associate's degrees. I think I'm giving up on finding a job that I love... A job doesn't define me as a person; it's just a means to get the money I need/want for life. Plenty of people hate their job, so maybe I will too.

But, really, it's been a huge disappointment. I'm really tired of wrenches getting thrown into my plans and it not working out. I have to fight so hard for everything and other people just get things handed to them. I know, life isn't fair, but geeze... could I catch a break just ONCE?!

Argh. Back to the drawing board. Back to stress & frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment