Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Did It: Week One

Well... As I'm sitting on my couch, watching a special on UFO's (trying not to think about the anatomy and physiology I should be studying) I can say I'm officially finished with my first week of DPT school.

It's definitely interesting... in lots of ways. The content is interesting, the way my classmates are all starting to interact is interesting and my mental/emotional state is definitely "interesting". Most mornings start off with me feeling extremely enthusiastic and ready to learn and end with me either almost in tears/wanting to be in tears, anxiety-ridden and thinking, "What the hell am I doing?"

All of my classmates are really nice, and I'm starting to form relationships with most of them and so having people to relate with will be good to lean on when the going gets tough. I'm sure that I'll stick with this, I just want all the fear and anxiety to disappear so that I can remember why exactly I wanted to do this, since I feel like I made the decision years and years ago. (Ok, it was just 2 years ago, but whatever!)

So... what did I learn in my first week?
  • Some people have never seen a cadaver before DPT school
  • DPT Orientation is very long and is full of the 700 ways you can fail out of the program
  • Some of my classmates appear to be light-years ahead of me
  • But, when I talk to them, they feel the same way as I do
  • I probably should have studied anatomy over the summer even though everyone told me not to worry about it
  • I need to learn how to get over my dislike of physiology so that I can do well in the course
  • Anatomy is already kicking my ass
So, one week down... only 14 more in the semester! ;)

1 comment: