Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Substitute CI for the day...

Today my CI was off, so I got to be with a different therapist for the day. I got to work with one of the part-time therapists. It was a really good day. She is really nice and kept telling me how impressed she was with my skills/knowledge. It felt good! She even bought me a coffee at lunch time! ;) I was proud of myself because I fought for a patient who hasn't been doing well in the ICU and she wanted to discharge him, but I convinced her not to, since he isn't normally her patient. I keep hoping that he will make a turn and come around the other side, but it seems like every day he is worse. My CI and I had discussed discharging him last week, but we were worried that he may fall through the cracks if he does get better and then he will lose out on therapy he desperately needs. 

I can't believe I'm in week eight. I will be so glad to finish this clinical because it has been a lot of hard work and I've learned a lot! I have been working really hard on my in-service and I think it's going to be really informative for everyone. We've had so many patients (my CI as well as other therapists) with brachial plexus symptoms following open heart and it has been a really long process of researching over everything and I'm currently trying to find some treatment ideas now. I feel like I'm sort of "stuck" but I haven't given up yet! My CI seems like she is pleased that I'll be doing my in-service on this topic and I hope that she enjoys it (as well as everyone else) when I give it. We still need to pick a date to do it, though. 

Well, two more days til the weekend! :) Then, onto week 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment