Friday, July 1, 2011

Needles and doctors, oh my!

So a lot of my classmates and I are lamenting on our facebook group about all of the health requirements we have to fulfill. Ugh. I mean, I guess it's your sort of normal run of the mill stuff, but I don't do well with big long to-do lists that involve pointy needles.

So, just as a warning to all who may apply, you have the potential of looking forward to all of the following (makes me feel like I'm a teacher again, yuck):
  1. FBI fingerprint check
  2. Criminal Background check
  3. Child Abuse check
  4. Current CPR training
  5. TB test
  6. Blood titers for a slew of things (hepatitis, measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc)
  7. Physical
Yay. On top of that I also have to go my heart check-up in July and my "lady" doctor. July is a crappy month.

I got my two-week notice letter in the mail and it made me really sad. I really do love my job and I'm going to miss everyone when I'm gone. It's really hard for me to focus in on getting everything organized so that they will be able to find things when I'm gone. Really sad. I'm a creature of habit, so this is hard for me. I just keep thinking, "I had an entire year before school" and now I'm staring July 1st in the face... It just seems like yesterday I was applying. And although I am sad about my job ending, I am very excited about school... I think. (Ok, I'm more nervous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment