Monday, January 2, 2012

About to start Semester 2...

So, tomorrow I continue my journey in PT School and will start my second semester. Honestly, this two week break for Christmas has been GREAT. It was just long enough for me to get caught up on all of my personal life issues (minus seeing a couple of friends) and enough to recharge my batteries. I am happy to say that I am not dreading going to school tomorrow like I was before I started.

This semester will be interesting, I have the following courses:

Neuroscience (4)
Foundations of Movement Science I (7)
Fundamentals of Exercise Physiology (2)
Correlative Neuroscience (1)

For a grand total of 14 credits, as was my first semester. This semester will be my first semester with problem-based learning (PBL) and I'm excited. Coming from a background in education I am familiar with PBL and how to teach it, so I'm excited to use that particular knowledge to (hopefully) succeed with the course. It's a large amount of credits and I'm really just interested to see how this is all going to play out. The course is 7 credits, and it is all day Tuesday/Thursday. We have our PBL groups in the AM and then a lab portion in the afternoon. I have no clue what the lab portion is about, but I'm assuming it will be similar to my course in the Fall that was clinical skills 1.

In any case, I am trying to start this new year off with some changes; I am trying to remain positive although there has been a lot of stress surrounding me outside of school. I am thankful that although I had so many factors going against me in the first semester, I managed to pull through with good grades and am able to continue in this journey.

So, wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment