Friday, May 3, 2013

Cardiac Surgery

     This week has been a little bit of a roller coaster ride... At the beginning of the week I was feeling really frustrated, but yesterday and today were better. On Wednesday I got to observe a CABG and aortic valve replacement. Seeing an open heart surgery was probably one of the greatest moments of my life. Being a heart patient myself, I was really looking forward to the experience and it definitely lived up to my expectations (and then some)! Best of all the perfusionist (the person in charge of the heart lung machine) used to work at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. We got talking and he asked when I had my surgery (June of 1989) and my surgeon's name... it just so happened I had my surgery during the time that he worked there and I also had my surgery with one of the surgeons he worked with! So, there's a very good chance that he was MY perfusionist long ago! So cool! I told him thank you, just it in case it was him. So neat! 

     Yesterday and today I have been doing more evaluations and treatments and it went a little smoother. She even told me that my notes a really good this afternoon before I left, so that made me feel good! So, overall- up and down and hopefully things will continue to be up and stay up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment